Published on July 14th, 2015 | by makesupply2
Making A Leather Card Holder (Free PDF Template)
In this video tutorial we will be making a one slot leather card holder. This tutorial will assume you have some basic previous experience in leatherworking. You will also learn why I hate oil tanned leather and Elmers Pro-Bond Glue! Leave any additional questions below in the comments section.
Be sure to download the card holder template to print out and follow along!
Usage Note: You are free to use this card holder design to create and even sell the end product. However, you cannot re-distribute this template in any form without our consent.
Need help with stitching? Check out our saddle stitch tutorial.
Inventory of Tools used in this tutorial:
- Tandy Stoned Oil Tanned Leather – Dark Brown
- 110-Lb Card Stock Paper
- No.2 X-ACTO Knife
- Wing Divider
- C.S. Osborne Scratch Awl
- Tandy Pro-Line Diamond Stitching Chisels – 2mm / 4 Prong
- Tandy Pro-Line Diamond Stitching Chisels – 2mm / 2 Prong
- Tandy Stitching Needles
- Wood Slicker
- Craft Sha Leather Edge Beveler No. 1
- 15″ Cork Back Metal Ruler
- Maine Thread Waxed Polycord .040 (white)
- Elmers Pro-Bond Glue
- Various Grit Sandpaper (120 grit and 240 grit)
- Rubber Mallet (Not Pictured in video. Forgot about this one!)
- Block of Beeswax
- Cup of water
We are still learning how to “do video” so please forgive any weird picture quality or transitions. Technology is hard.