Published on November 3rd, 2013 | by makesupply2
Video Tutorial: Making a Simple Two Slot Card Holder
** UPDATED! **
Check out the updated version of this tutorial complete with a better video and free PDF template here!
For the first video tutorial we will attempt to make a basic two slot card holder. Be sure to download the card holder template to print out and follow along!
Need help with stitching? Check out our saddle stitch tutorial.
Here is the inventory of what was used in this tutorial:
- Card holder template (linked above for download)
- Scrap piece of 2-3oz natural vegetable tanned leather
- Maine Thread .35 white polycord thread
- #2 X-acto knife
- Round knife
- Scratch awl
- Neoweld cement
- Tandy stitch groover
- Tandy No. 2 edge beveler
- Craftool Diamond Stitching Chisels (2mm) 2-prong and 4-prong
- Piece of 100 grit sandpaper
- Piece of canvas cloth
- Saddle soap / water as edge burnishing agent
- Block of beeswax
Note: Please forgive any awkward transitions or filming angles. Still getting the hang of this video stuff.