Published on November 19th, 2015 | by makesupply0
Leather Passport Cover Template – Build Along Video Tutorial
This is a build along video for the leather passport cover template. If you wish to purchase the template it is available in two versions:
- Digital PDF Download – Standard Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″) Template
- Digital PDF Download – International – A4 Size (210mm x 297mm) Template
- ETSY – Digital PDF Download – Standard Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″) Template
- ETSY – Digital PDF Download – International – A4 Size (210mm x 297mm) Template
The digital version is an instant download so you can get started right away. If you have already purchased the template thanks a bunch! Continue below.
Looking to start selling your handcrafted leather goods and need an e-commerce platform? We recommend you start with what we use here at Makesupply… Shopify!
Need help with stitching? Check out our saddle stitch tutorial.
Inventory of Tools used in this tutorial:
- Thoroughbred Leather Sunset Oil Tan (4 oz)
- 110-Lb Card Stock Paper
- No.2 X-ACTO Knife
- Wing Divider
- C.S. Osborne Scratch Awl
- Tandy Pro-Line Diamond Stitching Chisels – 3mm / 4 Prong
- Tandy Pro-Line Diamond Stitching Chisels – 3mm / 2 Prong
- Tandy Stitching Needles
- Tandy Eco-Flo Edge Paint – Dark Brown
- Craftool Pro Edge Dye Roller Pen
- 15″ Cork Back Metal Ruler
- Maine Thread Chestnut Waxed Polycord (.40)
- Rubber Cement
- Various Grit Sandpaper (120 grit and 240 grit)
- Rubber Mallet
- Block of Beeswax
- Cup of water
Leather Selection Suggestions
For this build we used Sunset Oil Tan (4 oz) from Thoroughbred Leather. As mentioned in the video you need to contact the Thoroughbred rep directly to order since they dont have a website. You need to e-mail Mark Coxon and ask for the latest price list. You can see a nice range of offering on Marks Instagram feed.
Whatever you decide on I suggest using leather in 3/4 or 4/5 oz range at most.